NYFW | Family Dollar and Colgate Presents : Life In The Luxe Lane #FDFabulous
Last week I had the opportunity to kick it with Family Dollar and Colgate for their Life In The Luxe Lane NYFW event. This event is a part of Family Dollar Fabulous campaign which aims to highlight inner and outer beauty for women of color. We talked, beauty and fashion, so you know I was super excited! My day started super early in the morning, with a trip to the Aloft Hotel in Harlem. We gathered for a quick breakfast and met with the Family Dollar and Colgate team, celebrity makeup artist AJ Crimson, celebrity Stylist Anastasia Walker and of course the other influencers.
Our first stop for the day was to one of the Family Dollar locations in the Bronx. If you followed my snapchat and instastories you know the deal were unbelievable. When I say deals, I mean DEALS! $5 for Dark and Lovely Hair Color, $7 for Shea Moisture products, $5 for La Girl Cosmetics makeup sets and the list goes on. From the Just Be clothing line and halloween costumes to home decor and food, I was shocked at everything I had been missing all these years. For as long as I've been shopping at Family Dollar I never realized all they had to offer. On top of the great prices, Family Dollar is now offering Smart Coupons which makes saving that much easier.
Next, we headed to Harlem Skin and Laser Clinic for the scoop on some beauty and style hacks with AJ and Anna and express beauty treatments, you know I live for a good beauty treatment. Ana and AJ were super down to earth and easy to talk to.
We kicked off the first session with AJ who gave us some great beauty hacks. Did you know that you can turn a unflattering eyeshadow into a beautiful nail polish? I'm thinking DIY blog. Next, we sat with Anna and she walked us through some style tips and trends this season, such as investing in a handheld steamer, definitely jotting that on my to do list. I listed some noteworthy tips from both AJ and Anna below.
- Repurpose a foundation that is too dark into a contour color to warm up your complexion and add dimension
- Use a wedge sponge when applying mascara to lift the lashes and also shield your lid from mascara
- Firmly press a face powder into the oily parts of your skin to maintain a matte look for longer
- Use a blue based red lippie to brighten to help your teeth appear brighter and Colgate Optic White Whitening pen and toothpaste to keep those pearly whites perfect.
- Bell sleeves and wide leg pants are trending again. Designer Samantha Black has some super cute bell sleeve tops and dresses
- Use a chiffon protector hood or satin bonnet to protect your makeup and clothes while you get dressed
- Be daring, play with different patterns and textures. Ana wore wide with two different plaid patterns and had a leather and fur stole paired with a plaid trench from Calvin Klein that was to die for!
Now, any fashion event in NYC isn't complete without Miss. Fashion Bomb Daily herself, Claire Sulmers. She stopped by to mix and mingle with gals, "Hey Claire!" Oh, did you catch my feature on Fashion Bomb Daily's Insta, yass chile my 2nd feature for NYFW, I was hype to say the least. Before heading out I was treated to the best 10 minute massage I've ever gotten, absolutely amazing.
To close out our day we went to the Harlem Fashion Row Pop-Up. We met with Harlem Fashion Row Founder, Brandice Henderson-Daniel, who gave us a personal store. We were introduced to over 20 designers showcasing footwear, makeup, accessories and clothing, in addition to the four designers from the HFR runway show. I was obsessing over all of the amazing pieces, especially the resort wear, haha anything that reminded me of the beach I was all for it.
Super big thank you to Family Dollar and Colgate for showing us life in the luxe lane. It was refreshing to work with national brands who's goal is to celebrate women of color but also provided beauty must haves that work for almost anyone's budget. Lets be real, we don't often find name brand, quality beauty products that cater to a wide variety of hair textures and skin complexions for such a great prices. Make sure you check in your local Family Dollar.
Thanks for stopping by!